Thursday, December 3, 2015

It Doesn't Matter What They Think It Matters What You Think

While I was reading Blind by Rachel Delwoskin what I personally thought the theme of the story was to just be you and not care about what anyone thinks because people should accept you for you no matter what. The reason I believe this is the theme is because the main character Emma has been wearing sunglasses since her whole incident. The reason she wears them is because she has a scar that goes across her left eye and she doesn't want anyone else to see it because she thinks they might think some thing of her or start treating her differently. She doesn't want to go through that so she just keeps them on and her left eye covered at ALL times. She also realizes that she'll accept herself for her and that's all that matters. Rachel Dewoskin states "Logan has bought me eleven pairs of sunglasses since my accident." This shows that Emma like to wear her sunglasses and since her best friend Logan knows it's because of the accident. She bought her more pairs for her to wear so she could have a variety. On page 394 it says "Don't bother with sun glasses, I like it how it is." This shows how Emma knows that it doesn't matter what other people think if you like what you're doing with yourself then make yourself happy don't worry about other people. Even though at times I know people judge other people I know that as long as I'm happy the way I am then that's all that matters it's up to the other people if they want to accept me for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment